Certified Pure and Active
A Daily Dietary Supplement for the Immune System
Support your immune system and experience the synergistic benefits of the combination of two remarkable substances, Beta-1, 3-D glucan, and Aloe Vera.
BetaLoeTM is a safe, non-toxic, natural substance which activates white blood cells. Helps to restore and balance an immune system and also maintain a healthy immune response. Wound healing, tissue regeneration and repair, anti-aging, a protective barrier against radiation are all benefits of BetaLoeTM.
It is a powerful antioxidant and a free radical scavenger. Helps to maintain joint health and also can be used as an anti-inflammatory. Relieves gastrointestinal discomfort and maintains a healthy cardiovascular system.
BetaLoeTM is the foundation for good health, long life and an attractive appearance, the prudent person looks to BetaLoeTM.
- Safe, Non-Toxic, Natural
- Supports white blood cells (macrophages, natural killer (NK) cells, T-cells, and neutrophils)
- Helps to maintain the immune system
- Helps to maintain a healthy immune response
- Exercise recovery time improvement
- Age-defying radiance
- Protects against free radicals
- Powerful antioxidant and free radical scavenger
- Helps to maintain joint health
- Relief from occasional gas/acid ingestion/bloating
- Helps to maintain a healthy cardiovascular system
- Biological vehicle
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is BetaLoe? Beta-1, 3-D glucan, along with a scientifically and independently certified aloe vera are the sole active ingredients in BetaLoe. the beta glucan is derived from the cell walls of baker's yeast, making it the precise substance for which the actual glucan macrophage receptor has been identified. Beta-1, 3-D glucan is technically referred to as a poly-branched poly-glucose - so complex some refer to it as fiber. The aloe vera is from the well-known member of the lily family, Barbadensis miller with over 200 documented active biological compounds.
- Is it safe? Are there any known toxicities? What about yeast allergies? What about drug reactions? This material is likely safer than the water you drink from the tap at home. Baker's yeast extracts carry a G.R.A.S. Rating (Generally Recognized as Safe). Aloe vera has a history of over 2000 years of safe use in virtually every type of compund known to man. Because our beta glucan is highly purified, the yeast proteins that might cause distress to some are removed. There are no known contraindications with drugs, but we encourage all persons to consult with an appropriate health care professional when considering dietary supplements.
- Is it organic? Yes. The raw materials are also free of chemicals, metals, and pesticides.
- Why should an immune system dietary supplement be used? The first thing that one should consider in a health regimen is an immune modulator/potentiator. If you accept that dietary supplements will help build healthy bone and tissue, then you must accept that an immune supplement will help you enjoy a well functioning body during a long, healthy life.
- Can BetaLoe expand or create an autoimmune problem (i.e., diabetes, lupus, sarcoid, etc)? No. BetaLoe does not create a danger. Considerable peer reviewed data indicates the fact that either Beta-1, 3-D glucan or aloe vera can be used quite safely by everyone.
- How does BetaLoe differ from other supplements? Vitamins & Minerals are often purchased to enhance the building of healthy bone & tissue. Ironically, this tissue cannot protect or repair without a competent immune response. Think of BetaLoe as your one a day for the best immune system you can have.
- If there scientific support for these materials? Hundreds of scientific studies originating from the prestigious institutions as Tulane, Harvard, and the U.S. Armed Forces attest to the safety and efficacy of Beta-1, 3-D glucan and Aloe Vera.
- How do these materials work in the body? There are key immune cells in the body that do very specialized tasks. They include: T-cells, neutrophils, natural killer (NK) cells and macrophages. The surfaces of these cells become activated when the molecules from beta glucan & aloe come into contact with them. Research from many well-known institutions has helped us clearly understand the role of thse glucose and mannose receptors. Responses and the cascade of immunological events that occur continue to be studied and will be reported as they are published in the medical journals.
- Does it cross the blood-brain barrier? BetaLoe does not produce any type of adverse chemical or drug effect. BetaLoe goes into the lymph and blood, it potentiates or modulates or causes a response to be affected simply by its proximity to certain white blood cells. After that, the white blood cells take over by producing cytokines (emails & fax messages), and "turning on" other cells (including those in the brain) to function properly and effectively.
- Are these ingredients available from other sources (i.e., oats, barley, special diets, etc.)? Though "beta glucans" are found in a variety of sources, the peer-reviewed data is explicit in what will or will not enhance immune response. The data is also clear in regards to aloe vera. Though certain companies marketing copycat products make claims to the contrary, they are never able to produce assays, credential sources, or peer-reviewed data supporting their claims. Such snake oil and the charlatans pushing them should be avoided.
- What is the recommended serving size for BetaLoe? For the average adult, you should use two capsules daily on an empty stomach and wait 30 minutes before eating. Otherwise always follow the instructions from a qualified and properly licensed medical professional.
- Does BetaLoe contain any additives? Even though these ingredients are themselves very complex materials containing a wide variety of biologically active substances, we do not employ unlisted compunds in our capsules.
- How can you say that you have used the best ingredients? We take great pains and go to great expense to use outside laboratories and use well-known universities to helps us qualify and quantify our products. This assures every customer a safe and reliable serving every time.
- Why would a person want to use BetaLoe? Living here on this planet poses countless challenges and insults to our body. Just as a person requires good air to breathe, good water to drink, sunlight and nourishment - one cannot achieve maximum longevity without a fully functional immune system. Even people that eat well and exercise daily experience micro-injuries, oxidative stress, and require daily support. At the very least, people should be concerned with the aging process. BetaLoe is an ideal dietary supplement to help the immune system perform at it's peak.
- Why hasn't someone already produced a BetaLoe product to the marketplace? The greatest obstacle has been money. Beta Glucan from Sigma Chemical (a major supplier to universities & researchers) runs about $200.00 per 100 milligram. These costs have made it impractical to offer to the public on a wide scale. Also, almost every time you go to a store for an "aloe" product, the aloe ends up missing in action before you even make the purchase. False & misleading advertising in these areas are the rule, rather than the exception. Now that there is a product that has credentials, research and quality control behind it....BetaLoe should sweep the market as people come to understand its unique ingredients.
BetaLoeTM is a proprietary blend of Beta 1, 3-D glucan particulate polyglucose from Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Aloe from the Barbadensis Miller whose purity and biological activity is guaranteed and carries the Seal of the International Aloe Science Council.
No known toxicity.
Directions: Take (2) capsules daily 30 minutes before meals or as directed by your medical professional.
Suggested serving size: 2 capsules per day
60 Capsules per container
Amount per 2 Capsules: 200mg
A Proprietary Blend of:
Beta 1, 3-D Glucan from Saccharomyces cerevisiae and Aloe Vera MPS from the Barbadensis Miller
Percent daily value based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Daily value not established.
The Beta-1, 3-D glucan is highly purified, over 93% pure, with a certified 1,3/1,6 carbohydrate content. The aloe vera is certified by the International Aloe Science Council (IASC) and is guaranteed to be active.
vegetable derived microcrystalline cellulose
Facts about the Immune System
- The immune system is made up of over one trillion white blood cells. Why so many? They are responsible for the protection and maintenance of every other cell in the body.
- The rate at which you age is dependent, in part, upon the state of your immune system. A healthy immune system can lead to a better quality of life.
- The immune system is your body's natural "Department of Defense". A strong defensive system serves as a natural deterrent to unwanted intrusions.
- Biological links exist at several levels between the immune system, the endocrine system, and the nervous system/brain.
As the foundation for good health, long life, and an attractive appearance, the prudent person looks to BetaLoe. Make absolutely sure that all the products that you buy have been appropriately tested to assure quality, safety from contamination, and that a verifiable serving size is present in each capsule.
The immune system is made up over one trillion white blood cells.
Why so many? They are responsible for the protection and maintenance of every other cell in the body. The first thing that you should consider in a health regimen is an immune modulation/potentiator.
A Powerful Combination!
Beta-1, 3-D glucan (Beta Glucan):
- Breakthrough in Preventative Nutrition
- Tissue Regeneration and Repair
- Protective against Radiation
- Safe, Non-Toxic, Natural
- Anti-Neoplastic Effect
- Potent Anti-Oxidant Properties
- Arthritis Joint Pain
- Gastrointestinal Relief
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Wound Healing
- Immune Restoration
- Biological Vehicle
Synergistic effect of Beta-1, 3-D glucan and Aloe Vera
With the immune army, we look at a series of complex carbohydrates to act as the keys into the locks that keep immune cells running at an optimum rate. The glucan polyglucose and the aloe polymannose serve as the multi-purpose keys to immune health.
The history and substantiated data that supports both Beta Glucan and Aloe Vera is so abundant, it is overwhelming to consider these two formidable compounds together. Harvard, Tulane, University of South Carolina, Baylor, Louisville and everybody that is somebody in the field of immunology agrees with these facts. Furthermore, the FDA
has established the safety, and tens of thousands of individuals have been using these materials, along with medical doctors, for up to 30 years.
As the foundation for good health, long life and an attractive appearance, the prudent person looks to BetaLoe. Make absolutely sure that the product you buy has been appropriately tested to assure quality, safety from contamination and, that a therapeutic serving is verified in each capsule.
There is one company has met ALL these standards . . .
. . . We exclusively distribute Beta Loe.
The Immune Response . . .
Immunologists have long distinguished between cellular and humoral immune systems. It has become clear that these two are closely intertwined. Almost all antigens evoke both responses to some degree. However, one arm is usually more effective then the other and regulatory mechanisms end up directing to one side or the other.
Enhanced by Beta-1, 3-D glucan
By A.J. Lanigan
The immune response is the body's way of defending itself against foreign substances that invade it. These invaders, like viruses, bacteria, fungi etc., cause infection and disease. The immune system's job is a complicated process. It involves the coordinated efforts of several types of white blood cells. The pictorial below depicts the process by showing how the immune system destroys viruses.
The immune response begins when invaders like viruses enter the body. White blood cells, called macrophages, encounter the invader and consume it. The macrophage does not care what the invader might be. It only knows self or non-self. Meanwhile, other viruses look for nearby cells to infect. Beta-1, 3-D glucan modulates and potentiates the macrophage and keeps it in a more prepared state. With this balancing effect, all subsequent immune response improves. The beta glucan and the macrophages are oblivious to the type of invader or the health of the host. Again, the macrophage only knows self-v-non-self. The glucan treated host will enjoy an increase in its arsenal against unwanted offenders.|
Next, the macrophage digests the virus and displays pieces of the virus (antigens) on its surface. Antigens may be any substance introduced into the body that the immune system recognizes as non-self. Nearby cells may become infected by the attacking virus. In a healthy immune system, these infected cells will come under attack, be destroyed, and be removed before they can be used to spread the illness.
Unique among the different helper T cells, (another class of white blood cells) in the body, one particular helper T cell now recognizes the antigen displayed and binds to the macrophage. There are at least two subsets of the helper T cell, the Th1 and the Th2. They make the decisions as to what type of response will be ordered. Up and down regulatory factors transmitted by this pair of cells (macrophage + T helper) provide many variation for dealing with the invaders.|
This union stimulates the production of chemical substances - such as interleukin-1 (IL-1) and tumor necrosis factor (TNF) by the macrophage, and interleukin-2 (IL-2) and gamma interferon (IFN-y) by the T cell - that allow intercellular communication. These cytokines/lymphokines (fax messages) are required for T cell activation and response. Mere activation is not enough. The Antigen Presenting Cell (AOC) depending on the type (MHC I or II) of presentation gives co-stimulation (a second go-ahead signal). CK28 (blood test) reflects this co-stimulation and activation process.|
Balance of cytokine production is important. Autoimmune diseased patients frequently display low IL-2 and high gamma-interferon. Absolute causes are not established but there are strong indications towards viruses and environmental factors (i.e., sunlight, chemicals, and certain drugs that alter recognized self to non-self cell types). Due to the high incidence of autoimmune disease in women, heredity and sex hormones are suspected since Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC) responses are relative to certain genes.
There are numerous studies showing the safety and effectiveness of Beta-1, 3-D glucan, in a host for immune bolstering immune dysfunction, immune dysregulation and last but not least, the selective lowering of LDL cholesterol.
To maximize your uptake of the Beta-1, 3-D Glucan, it should always be taken on an empty stomach. Wait at least 30 minutes before eating or drinking anything. A small amount of pure water should be used to swallow the material. (No coffee, teas, juice, etc.)
Normally. Simple sugars would be broken down in the digestive system, converted to glucose, and used for energy. This does not occur with a long chain polysaccharide like Beta-1, 3-D glucan. The polysaccharide is carried across the lining of the small intestine into the lymphatic system. It is lined with enterones and enterocytes. They produce a sticky substance on their surface called glycocalix or "the fuzz." In this glycocalix, binding sites (receptors) sit ready to grab the Beta-1,3-D glucan. From the lymphatic system, the Beta-1, 3-D glucan is carried into the blood stream. this process is called endocytosis and pinocytosis.
As part of the continuing process, IL-1 helps activate B and T cells; IL-2 instructs other helper T's and a different class of T cells, the killer T's (CTLs or cytotoxic Y lymphocytes), to multiply. The proliferating helper T's in turn release substances that cause B cells to multiply and produce antibodies. B cells are prepared to recognize antigen without preprocessing. The T cell cannot recognize antigen in its natural state. It must first be broken down and the fragments bound to a Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC) molecule by the APC. The macrophage is an APC. Glucan causes its receptor site (key slots) to be readied for these presentation chores.|
The killer T cells (trained assassins) now begin shooting holes in cells that have been infected by viruses or other pathogens. The killer T cell (CTL or cytotoxic T lymphocyte) becomes a "trained assassin." They respond to the MHCI complex, which is found on almost all body cells. The CTL has the ability to seek and destroy infected human cells in a specific manner. With the injection of powerful chemicals, these infected cells are killed before they can be used to spread a disease. Natural Killer (NK) cells are large, granule-filled lymphocytes that take on tumor cells and infected body cells. They are known ad "natural" killers because they attack without having to recognize specific antigens. Like the macrophage, if it is not "self," it will proceed to kill. NK cells and CTLs both kill on contact. The killer binds to the target, aims its weapons and then releases a lethal burst of chemicals to punch holes in the target.|
When a Class II MHC molecule is presented by the APC, the B cell/antibody process begins. This is the humoral side of the immune system. The antibodies released by The B cells bind to antigens on the surfaces of free-floating viruses. Besides making it easier for macrophages to destroy viruses, this binding signals blood components called complement to puncture holes in the viruses. The Complement system is made up of 25 proteins that work with the antibodies to destroy invaders. They facilitate phagocytosis (eating by phagocytes) or they directly puncture the invader's cell membrane. C3 is the key protein that triggers the "complement cascade." This cascade results into a "membrane attack complex" that literally blasts a hole into the antibody marked prey. Fragments thrown off by this process bring into play most cells and basophils. By releasing their chemical contents, they produce the redness, warmth and swelling of the inflammatory response.|
Finally, as the infection is brought under control, the activated T and B cells are turned off by suppressor T cells (a T-8 subset). However, a few "memory cells" (another T-* subset) remain behind to respond quickly if the same virus attacks again. Immunologists believe that the body fights cancer in much the same way it seeks to eliminate viruses. Further study of the immune system is expected to reveal ways to bolster it, allowing the body to become a more active partner in the fight against cancer.|